Made with a creamy Béchamel sauce, fontina cheese and prosciutto. Simple to make and ready quickly. Truly a crowd-pleaser!
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ⅝ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 quart whole milk, room temperature
- ½ pound prosciutto, julienned
- 1 cup fontina cheese, grated and divided
- Dash nutmeg
- Salt and white pepper, to taste
- 1 pound (16-ounces) Cervasi® Shells pasta
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 425º F.
- To make sauce, melt ½ butter over medium heat in 2 quart saucepan. Add flour and whisk until smooth.
- Continually stirring, gradually add milk until sauce is smooth. Simmer until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in prosciutto, ½ cup fontina, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Set sauce aside.
- Prepare shell pasta in 6 quarts of salted water. Cook for 5 minutes, leaving pasta undercooked. Drain.
- Combine sauce and pasta, mixing until the pasta is completely coated.
- Pour mixture into a greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle top with remaining ½ cup fontina and cubed butter.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until bubbling and golden brown.