Simple and delicious Caprese Salad perfect for summertime. This wonderful recipe is courtesy of our friend, Lauren Lane. Find this recipe and more on her blog at lauren-lane.com. Instagram: @lauren_lane_culinarian
Caprese Salad by Lauren Lane
- Prep Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 2 c. cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ tsp. sugar (optional, adds sweetness if tomatoes are underripe)
- 1 ½ c. fresh mozzarella pearls
- Juice from 1 lemon
- ¼ c. Cervasi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 6 large basil leaves, chopped
- In a medium bowl combine olive oil, lemon juice, salt & pepper and sugar if using. Whisk well with a fork.
- Add cherry tomatoes halves and mozzarella to the bowl with the olive oil mixture and toss. Sprinkle with chopped basil.
- Adjust with additional salt & pepper to taste. Serve immediately or it will keep in the refrigerator (covered) 1-2 days.
- Lauren's Tips
Recipe can be doubled or tripled for a crowd
Store whole tomatoes on the countertop. If refrigerated they quickly lose their flavor and texture. Cut tomatoes can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
This recipe is great for entertaining because it can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Add some spicy chili flake for more kick.
Try adding other vegetables for a variation. (zucchini and cucumber are great in this salad)
Use cherry tomatoes year around for this salad, but when beautiful homegrown are in season, use them in-stead. Just chop them into big a big dice.
Serve this salad with grilled chicken or fish.