A satisfying summer dish that is packed with garden-fresh flavor.
Pesto Pasta Salad
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- 1 pound (16-ounces) Cervasi® Bowtie pasta
- 1 cup pesto, directions to follow
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- To Make Pesto:
- 2 cups fresh basil, packed
- ½ cup Cervasi Parmigiano Reggiano
- ½ cup Cervasi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ⅓ cup pine nuts
- 3 cloves garlic
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta in large pot of salted water. Drain and rinse under water to cool.
- Combine pesto ingredients into a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Stir pesto into pasta until coated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add tomatoes. Toss to combine.
- Cover pasta and refrigerate before serving. We suggest at least 30 minutes.
- Add olive oil before serving if pasta seems dry.