A scrumptious appetizer for balsamic lovers and mushroom fans alike. This recipe is courtesy of Daniela Abel.
Crostini with Balsamic Portabella Mushrooms
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- 1 loaf crusty bread or 1 bag Cervasi Bruschetta
- ½ c. Cervasi Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus 2 T. for topping
- 1 pint mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T. Cervasi Balsamic Viengar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Slice bread into ½-inch slices. Arrange on baking sheet and brush evenly with ½ c. olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. If using Cervasi Bruschetta, skip this step and the next. Preheat the over to 450°F.
- Bake bread in 500°F (or Broil Low) oven for 2–3 minutes, or until slightly golden and toasted. Reduce oven temperature to 450°F.
- In medium bowl, combine mushrooms, garlic, olive oil and vinegar. Add salt and pepper as needed. Stir until mushrooms are well coated.
- In medium baking dish, arrange mushroom mixture so it’s well spread out. Place in oven for 5 minutes.
- Spoon mushroom mixture over toast. Serve warm or at room temperature.