A cheesy, pleasing family favorite that comes together in just a few minutes – thanks to an Instant Pot or similar pressure cooker.
Creamy Instant Pot Mac & Cheese
Published on March 20, 2018 | By CervasiUSA |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 14 oz. sharp cheddar, freshly grated or packaged shredded
- 6 oz. mild cheddar, freshly grated or packaged shredded
- 1 lb. Cervasi Cavatappi or Elbow (Cavatappi is a nice thick pasta cut for a hearty mac & cheese)
- 4 cups cold water
- Kosher salt (for the pasta water, as well as the finished dish)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp. ground mustard
- 1 tsp. sriracha sauce
- 12 oz. evaporated milk
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- Ground black pepper
- Pressure Cook the Pasta: Add the Cervasi pasta, water and pinch of kosher salt in the pressure cooker. High pressure for 4 minutes, then gradual release. Note: Have a towel handy when you open the lid. There’s a good chance that the pasta will foam, and some will come out with the steam
- Mix Wet Ingredients: While the pasta is cooking, beat the eggs and mix in the ground mustard, Sriracha and evaporated milk in a mixing bowl.
- Combine the Mac & Cheese: Keep heat on low or medium low (Instant Pot: use Keep Warm function). Give it a quick stir and see if there is excessive liquid in the pot. Drain if necessary. Place unsalted butter in the pressure-cooked macaroni. Mix well with a silicone spatula and let the butter melt. Pour in the wet ingredients and mix well. Add grated cheese (1/3 portion at a time) and stir constantly until the cheese fully melts. If the mac & cheese is too runny, turn the heat to medium to reduce it down.
- Season to Taste: Use pepper and salt generously. For the best tasting experience, serve immediately. And don’t worry, this mac & cheese is not spicy. The Sriracha serves to balance the overall flavor of the dish … and this Creamy Instant Pot Mac & Cheese recipe is loved by kids!
- Read our Cucina blog post for the insta-piration behind this recipe.
- Servings : 4–5