Gather a few ingredients for a quick, but contemporary Siclian style dinner.
Linguine with Clams
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- ¼ cup Cervasi® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 - 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup clam juice
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 (15-ounce) can fancy whole baby clams
- 12 small clams (little necks)
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 pound (16-ounces) Cervasi Linguini Pasta
- ¼ c. Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons Cervasi® Lemon Juice
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add Cervasi Extra Virgin Olive Oil, onion, and red pepper flakes and sauté for two minutes.
- Add garlic and butter, and simmer for 2 minutes. Add chicken stock and wine. Reduce by half.
- Lower heat and add your whole clams, canned clams, clam juice and lemon zest. Cook until whole clams open.
- Salt your water and bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook until very al dente. Drain pasta.
- Add to sauté pan and toss with clam sauce for 2 minutes over medium heat. Add parsley and lemon juice toss with pasta and serve hot.