A creamy main dish with delicious prosciutto. Suited for any cut of pasta, but we recommend long cuts like Fettuccine.
Pasta alla Carbonara
- Prep Time
- 2 T. Cervasi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 t. minced garlic
- 1 c. heavy cream
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 lb. prosciutto, julienned
- 1 c. frozen peas, thawed (optional)
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus more for garnish
- 1 lb. Cervasi Pasta
- Fresh Italian parsley, chopped for garnish
- Heat olive oil in sauté pan; add garlic and sauté until tender. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Whisk cream and egg yolks with oil, shallots and garlic. Return to heat and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add peas, prosciutto and cheese, then toss to gently combine.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain pasta and reserve 1/4 c. pasta water.
- Add pasta water and cooked pasta to the sauce made prior. Toss to combine sauce and pasta. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for an additional 3 minutes. Serve immediately and garnish with extra cheese and parsley.