Crunchy and savory, what a great flavor combination — and so easy to prepare.
Tomato & Basil Bruschetta
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 6 plum tomatoes (about 1 ½ pounds)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Cervasi® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Cervasi Balsamic Vinegar
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- 12 Cervasi Bruschetta Traditional
- Heat tomatoes for about one minute in water that's been brought to a boil, and then remove from heat.
- Remove the skin, seeds and juice from the tomatoes, then chop.
- Mix tomatoes, garlic, onions, olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a bowl.
- Toss in basil, then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add a thin slice of fresh mozzarella cheese to the bruschetta.
- Top with 1-2 tbsp of tomato and basil mixture. Drizzle lightly with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar if desired.